View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 08:46 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Dangle View Post
I'd argue Ottawa's current toughness level is about on par with Chicago, which still hasn't lost yet. Difference is the Hawks scorers are scoring. And healthy. The way Ottawa's was in January.

Toughness helps, no question. But you've got have USEFUL tough guys like Chris Neil. If you're a one dimensional thug, you're just wasting a roster spot most nights.

Buffalo will likely dress John Scott again tomorrow and he'll get his 4 minutes, he'll slam into the boards, missing Karlsson by about 8 feet and go sit down. He'll be an asset 2 or 3 nights this winter when games get crazy but that's about it. Is Boston cowering and struggling because Scott destroyed Thornton? The standings say no.

UFAs Corey Perry and David Clarkson, who deliver both skill and toughness, will be on everyone's wish list this summer.
I'll agree with you. I would also point out that IMO Thorton would be the 3rd toughest Bruin behind Chara & Lucic. It wouldn't surprise me to see one of those two & likely Chara as captain drop them with Scott next time they play each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah Skunk View Post
If only Greening could develop a nastier side of his game and hold his own in a good fight.
In most of the few fights I have seen Greening in, he seems to hold his own. His size & strength certainly help him although he maybe doesn't throw them as well as some guys. What's interesting is that Greening is a big strong forward with speed but lacks some high end hockey skill. While some on here argue Ottawa needs to be tougher a player like Greening who plays a very good two way defensive game & is hard to play against is crapped on because he either isn't more skilled or doesn't play a meaner game. I would have thought that his game is what most would want playing a reliable physical two way defensive game without taking a lot of penalties. He doesn't get paid to score goals.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote