View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Just playing devil's advocate. If the PK was average with Brind'Amour, and Brind'Amour was awesome throughout the entire the playoffs...then, maybe the Canes PK is so bad without him that they don't get out of the first round?

I definitely wouldn't give it to Stillman. He wasn't even the best player on his line. I respect what he did, but his performance wasn't CS worthy to me, respectfully. I have no idea what the numbers say, Brind'Amour might have only had 9 points in that playoffs, I'd still give it to him...he was terrific.
I'm not even saying he should have won it. Just surprised that anyone could totally forget/dismiss what he was doing - particularly through the first 3 rounds. Just a reminder or synopsis from the time: Carolina's Conn Smythe Candidates (Jun. 9/06) - USA Today.

Another article written after being awarded to Ward only highlights Brindamour and Stillman - doesn't even mention Staal - as two guys that wouldn't have surprised anyone in a year when "several players could have been selected".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote