View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Senators Growing
Next year again...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Toughness excuse is a tired angle. I figure anyone who watches hockey and witnessed the demise of Brian Burke should begin to see that.

I don't know if you were expecting Ottawa to physically body check the opposition into their net with the puck last game, because that is the only thing that would have helped.
The weird part is the way the Maple Leafs are playing now, they play with toughness and as a cohesive unit. They pummeled the Habs, beat a much tougher Philly team...we play them in a few days and quite frankly the Senators need to absolutely pummel them. I'm talking a 5-2, 6-1 pummeling with Neil destroying Orr or at the very least Fraser.

Our team has sufficient toughness...our top 6 isn't particularly tough (Alfredsson is fine, Michalek and Spezza are average to soft, Turris is average, Silf and Zib are ok, Greening is above average) but we have enough players that can grind it down to make it uncomfortable for othre teams.

As for Tomas Holmstrom...if Silf took that kind of abuse night after night, left each game in pain and parked in front of the net constantly this thread wouldn't even exist.

Senators Growing is offline   Reply With Quote