View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 09:20 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I wrote 'good' heavies to identify those that were legitimate heavies -- not that they were good quality. I ought to have clarified why I marked it as " 'good' ". The differentiation between 'good' and 'bad' in that listing had more to do with categorisation than with quality (Rupp, for example, is a 'heavy' according to size, but he's really not a heavy enforcer in the same way as a Parros).

Hordichuk doesnt fight quality heavyweights often. And when he does, he loses. On his fight card over the last few years, he's fought Kassian three times, Reaves once, Carkner once, Thornton once, and McGratton once. He lost each of those fights. He beat Orr, but it wasn't a definitive win. On the whole, he's pretty clearly overmatched when fighting big and/or quality heavyweights. I don't see why you're disputing this simple point.
So... still waiting for you to say that Krys Barch isn't a legitimate HW, because of his record from hockeyfights.com. The guy won't win them all, but to qualify him as a MW, when he's clearly a notch above this category, is stretching it.

Quality HW nowadays are less and less common.

Toronto: Orr; Hordi can hold his own against him
Ottawa: Neil; Hordi beats him
Boston: Thornton; Hordi is inferior
Buffalo: Scott; Hordi is inferior
NYR: Asham; Hordi beats him
NYI: Carkner/Boulton; Hordi loses to Carkner, wins to Boulton
Pittsburgh: Glass; Hordi wins
NJ: Barch; Hordi matches him
Philly: Shelley; Hordi is inferior
Winnipeg: Thorburn; Hordi beats him
TB: Crombeen; Hordi beats him
Washington: Erskine; Hordi loses
Florida: Parros; Hordi matches
Carolina: Westgarth; Hordi matches

The fact is, we don't have anyone who's better than this guy to take care of business against the other teams' best fighters. And he's clearly a better fighter than most guys listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
No need to apologise for being misinformed.
This message is not addressed to me. But are you really the guy who suggested me to be more cordial in my answers, and to post less trollish answers?