View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
Heres a few interesting facts about the Jackets drafting history

2005 NHL Entry Draft- Jackets Select Gilbert Brule with the 6th Overall Pick, Pass on Kopitar 11th and M Stall 12th

2006 NHL Entry Draft- Jackets Select Derek Brassard with the 6th Overall Pick, Pass on Okposo 7th Grabner 14th, Claude Giroux 22nd

2007 NHL Entry Draft- Jackets Select Jakub Voracuk with the 7th Overall Pick, Pass on Logan Couture 9th, Ryan McDonough 12th, Lars Eller 13th, Shattenkirk 14th, Pacioretty 22nd

2008 NHL Entry Draft- Jackets Select Nikita Filitov with the 6th Overall Pick, Pass on Myers 12th, Erik Karlson Karlsson, Jake Gardiner 17th, Jordan Eberle 22nd

2009 NHL Entry Draft- Jackets Select John Moore with the 22nd Overall Pick, Nice Selection!

2010 NHL Entry Draft- Select Ryan Johanson with the 4th Overall Pick, Pass on Skinner 7th Overall, Cam Fowler 12th Overall

Well I have no idea how Howson still has a job! The most alarming to me had to have ben the 09 draft. I know there were probably some worse drafts like the Zherdev class but this is absolutely appalling. I believe in the guy we got from the Blues he did an excellent job there! lets hope he can work his magic here.

Thanks!
2005/2006 were Maclean drafts. Voracek was transitioned into J. Johnson. Not sure I'd write off Johansen. I don't understand why the "09 draft" was "most alarming" and "absolutely appalling", but you seemed happy about Moore.

Hard to say of those other players drafted by other teams would have same success on the CBJ. They may have been put in situation where teammates and development could help them succeed. It's also part of the joy of drafting no better than 4th. You miss out on the sure thing franchise players. Of course, it all seems obvious looking back though.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote