View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 10:31 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Boyle has been consistently out there to preserve a lead in the final minutes of games. You are looking through rose-colored glasses if you think Miller is as good as Boyle defensively right now.

You do realize Boyle has been the Rangers shut-down center for over a year. Last year the team was #1 in the East and made it to the ECF. He was the shut-down center all year.
From what i gather, since we didn't win the cup last year, it doesn't matter that he was such an intricate piece of the team that made it further than any team since 94.

And for Snowblind's post above, I actually didn't think the rangers were outplayed by the devils last season, i simply felt they ran out of gas. No team has ever played 7 game series in the first two rounds and gone on to the cup finals.

And anyone thinking miller can replace boyle just doesn't understand what it takes to win at this level. Defense is one of the final things that an offensive player learns at the NHL level. It is the reason callahan was sent back down after his initial stint (along with many others). Even if miller isn't sent back down, to act like Torts would have him out there in a 2 to 1 game with a minute to go is absurd, at this time. Boyle on the other hand, was pretty much out there in that situation every single game last year.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote