View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
Lets trade stazz and our 1st to columbus for Murray and be done with it. Tired of arguing over centers that play solid or don't play at all.
That would be an insanely bad trade. Our 1st round pick this season should be kept under lock and key....maybe add even a couple of security guards.

I'm afraid I've never quite seen all the hoopla with Ryan Murray, he'll be a solid pro and a top 4 guy but I don't see him becoming a franchise guy. I'm pretty sure the blue jackets messed up...AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
That's exactly what I mean when I say the rebuild has failed. Now consider the fact that in a year and a half probably neither Stastny nor O'reilly will be on this team, what exactly will we have as the fruits of our labor these past 4 years.

Duchene
EJ
Landeskog
Varly
Whatever we get back for ROR

I doubt we'll get a core player back for Stastny the way he's playing.

That's really not much. We'll be a bad team for a long, long time at this rate. But to me a big part of the problem is our **** coaching, management not being willing to pay to retain guys, overpaying in trades for two of the core pieces we do have, and most of all failing to put our young guys in a position to succeed and develop.
I am not sure how anyone can say that the 'rebuild has failed' when it's not even over yet. Have the Avs really shown any signs that they are ready to 'go for it' in any way, shape or form? Nahhh!

The best and most obvious example is that we still have this moron coaching our team. If WE, a collective group of hockey fans with enough hockey knowledge to make that assessment know that he's a terrible coach, don't you think that the front office of the team does as well??

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote