View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 10:55 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree. He should be getting his call ups (cup of tea's at least) by then. I have watched him play allot more in person this season then last and he is developing at a much faster rate then he had up to this point.

I think he is about half way there today (to being NHL ready) but he is now picking up the rate at which he progresses and I think it is fair to see he will be ready a little sooner than later.

BerniernextRoy. I would have agreed with you at the start of last season but he has come a long way to get to where he is this season. During a recent game against Wisconson DF made several nice moves with perfect cool level headed play in front of his own net for example, he wouldn't have been able to do this past season. His skating has improved significantly (he has always been a pretty good skater) and his play in the corners has improved to where he showed signs of exceptional skill.

He still has a ways to go but he really has come a very long way from last season to this season and if he can continue developing at the same rate 15/16 seems about right to me.
If he's 2.5 years away now (2015-2016) then at the start of last season he was four years away