View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:05 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
How does this help the team now, exactly?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Throwing Halpern in there was silly on your part. Halpern has been a defensively responsible center on good teams his entire career. He is better on draws than Boyle and I know it doesn't matter to you but he has put up 40+ points several times which to me is important because it says he knows how to possess the puck and pressure the other team keeping the puck out of our zone. BB can do no such thing and that should be considered when evaluating his defensive prowess.

Halpern has 0 points in 11 games. He scored 40+ points in 2005-2006. Seriously?

Quote:
STop with the shut down nonsense. He was used in defensive situations out of necessity and invariably we get hemmed in our zone relying on Hank, McD and Girardi to keep the puck out of the net. Torts felt he was better than his other options. He also had chemistry with two very responsible wings. That line played in those situations but Brian Boyle and his terrible skating is not shutting down anyone. You really need to stop calling him that it is an insult to people like Ryan McDonagh and Marc Staal who are actually shut down players.
You do realize that when you are out there against Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Giroux that most teams get hemmed in their zone? McDonagh and Staal are defensemen. Just a FYI.

Quote:
His point totals after 11 games? Good point. You will say anything to justify the failure that is Brian Boyle. I would argue that it is much easier to be a defensive player on the Rangers when Hank can erase many of your mistakes. And I would argue that Hank bails BB out on many of his turnovers that occur from his brutal puck skills, poor balance, bad decision making and overall sucky play. We should table this and see if Torts puts him back in the lineup. If he doesn't, you have no point. If he does we can watch and comment.
Uh, so you are saying our entire defense is overrated? By this logic the Rangers should trade all of their defensmen and just play 5 forwards. Hank will bail them out. No worries.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote