Thread: Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:13 PM
alphafox

vCash: 500
At this point I really like Dom even though he is small he is sturdy and his offensive upside is pretty impressive. Right now I figure that we are heading for a top 5 pick (likely 5th overall), a pick between 8-14 (figure LA just misses the playoffs), and a rangers pick in the 20+ range.

If possible I'd like to move up to take Mackinnon, but the price would likely be too steep. We need size badly so a guy like Barkov or Monahan would be awesome to put alongside guys like Atkinson. If Domi is available he's got one of the highest ceilings outside of the top 2 on my list.

Both Erne and Mantha are solid players, but I'd prefer to take the risk on Mantha he has the potential to be a big time goal scorer. Erne fits better with the ethos that the team seems to be building, but his offensive ceiling puts me off a bit. (That being said I'd still be thrilled with Erne, a high floor as SL mentioned)

I also believe that we will be moving at least one defensemen for another first round pick, particularly given JD's past with the Blues rebuild, and the impressive performance of Moore, Erixon, Holden, and Goboulef.