View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusTheo View Post
I'm not lecturing anything with anyone, it's a discussion, hence a discussion board. You are the one that brought up Charles Wang cashing revenue checks meanwhile the Isles haven't even been eligible until this season started. I'm not gonna do anything for you, you pull up google and go find the facts yourself, you are the one who asked the questions not me, chief. Those things are irrelevant to our discussion anyway. You implied that he's been cashing these checks handed to him by the NHL and not putting it back into the team which is dead wrong!

The Islanders did make a trade at the draft where they in fact took on a player with a salary and didn't send any salary back what so ever. You have no facts or proof of them not trying to make more trades. Just because they haven't made any trades doesn't mean they aren't trying to.

You don't make a trade just to make it. You don't take on a bad contract just because you can. It has to make sense.

All the Tim Thomas trade does is give the Islanders options. If they choose to ship off guys that are going to be brought back anyway, than so be it. If they toll the contract and hope he comes to play next year, awesome. If not, than it wasn't anything. Certainly not anything to ***** and moan about.
Lets start over again Gus. Maybe the recent slide and the team's inability to do anything to halt it has everyone on edge, me included. I know the checks couldn't be cut until the start of this season. I don't think they have released the details on them and may never, as the NHL isn't known for its transparency. I have personally given them until the start of training camp next year to show us, since the arena is now set, and that revenues have been enhanced, that they will stop putting saving money over helping and developing their young core. They have said they would, now is the year for them to live up to their own words. What has everyone juiced is that their first move this year was to go waiver wire picking for important players. This is followed by the TT deal at a point when we are in the playoff hunt. To many of us this sends a poor signal because the move heralds their intent to move vets for picks long before the point you would normally throw in the towel. We get that on a normal club this would be a move 'just in case.' But with the past several years dedicated to keeping salary at the floor and only moving for picks or cap floor friendly contracts when the kids need some better depth around them, the Isles have sacrificed that kind of benefit of the doubt, and if you roll your eyes on that, then we roll them back and point at history.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote