View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:34 AM
SteveV*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Liles a better D? Have I been watching a different player? Cause he has been brutal in his own end, and disappointing in the other teams. For a guy making 3.8 million he has a LOT of work to do before you can say he is better then anyone on our D. Hell he'd probably even suck on the Marlies.
No, no, you're right, the career AHLer is better than a guy who's played 600 NHL games and has 300 points, my bad. Liles is finding his game again, he's established and fact is Kostka should never have been given top pairing, top PP minutes because he looked good in the JOKE that training camp was. I'm not saying Liles is all world, but come on, he's a proven commodity, so I don't get hung up on a bad patch at the beginning of a weird season.

There is no other team, wherein at career AHLer not only makes an NHL team but is GIVEN top pairing minutes, TOP PP. Name me one other scenario that is similar to this, because I've never seen it and I think it really a testament to the short camp that favoured guys who had played, rather than real skill level. Kostka is coming back to earth, and from what I saw last night, this is a guy who will fizzle the tougher the slogging gets as we come down the stretch. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong.