Thread: Proposal: Iginla to the devils
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
blink

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Have you watched Iginla play this year? He's basically invisible on the ice most of the time. If the Flames could get the kind of return you're suggesting (potentially 3 future roster players) for a 35 year old Iginla I would be shocked.
Yes. He is easily the worst "star" player in the league right now. Have you paid attention the last 10 years? Iginla ALWAYS starts out slow out of the gates. Maybe it's a combination of his usual slow start and the fact that his heart really isn't into Calgary anymore. Can you blame him? I certainly can't. He's like Mats Sundin. Who exactly has he had to play with in Calgary?

We definitely won't be giving up that much for the way Iggy is playing right now. You give that up for the intangibles and also for the player Iggy is at the deadline. Obviously a bit of risk involved here but what deal doesn't have risk?

Would I give that up right now for Iggy? Hell no. Would I give that up at the deadline? If I was Lou I'd have to definitely consider it. We have considerable defensive depth so losing Severson won't hurt as much as it would to other teams. The 1st will probably be a late one and Josefson, while showing promise, hasn't lived up to expectations. Possibly a change of scenery would help him.

I said in an earlier post that I think it is still too much for us to give up for Iginla. However, I think Lou would consider it, especially if it gives us an important piece for the Cup run.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote