Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Another Leafs fan here, but I come in peace!

To me, the Flyers made a huge play for the FUTURE when they traded for Voracek, Schenn x2, and Couturier. In my opinion you guys are developing a young team that will be most competitive in a few years, similar to what Edmonton has done. Losing the veterans like Pronger and finding out that Bryzgalov isn't the all-star you guys need just means that you're more committed to playing for the future, and I don't like the idea of you guys making impact trades to adopt a "win-now" mentality. Between Giroux, Read, and the young guys I mentioned above, Philly should be a consistent powerhouse over the next few seasons.

Toronto looks like a better team right NOW, but I'm more than willing to bet that you guys will become the better team in a season or two.
Our goalie has actually been very good this year. Bryz is the only reason the Flyers have had a chance in a lot of games, but he's had zero offensive support.