View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
TheSnowLeopard

vCash: 500
Shorthouse and Garrett are great. From watching out of market games this year it is pretty obvious that we are lucky to have those two for a good portion of Canucks games. I prefer Shorty over Jim Houston myself (less hammy) and while Garrett is obviously a fan of the home team, he's got a good eye and calls things like they are. Hopefully Sportsnet have locked those two up long term.

I'm also a fan of Gary Valk, it would be cool to see him do more intermission segments. I wish that Sportsnet had all Canucks games to be honest as CBC coverage is generally so poor on both a technical and personality level.

As to Kypreos, Maclean and Mallard, listen to the Hockey Central at noon podcast before writing them off. Generally a very funny show which provides an interesting view of hockey culture. Based on the podcasts Kypreos seems like a genuine, solid hockey guy with a decent head on his shoulders, Mallard is an excellent wrangler and while Maclean may be a bit of a blowhard, he's a charasmatic one.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey_central_at_noon/

Cheers

TheSnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote