View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
he is a big lanky kid. it's taken time for him to grow into that body. to me his game is improving because of-
*his comfort level-compete continues to improve with time
*like every kid he has most likely gained weight and strength
*his skating, reads and gap control improves due to the above two
*this results in him being able to play a bit more aggressive than years past

the past seasons the games ive seen, he had a 'deer in headlights' type of approach many times. you could sense he was playing back on his heels and man a bit, he played overly cautious in an attempt to not get beat. that lead imo to many opportunities for the other team to take advantage of some extra room to work.

this season he his playing tighter and willing to take space from an opponent. his game this season is completely different to me.

it wont surprise me if at some point we see him play more physically and use his size to his advantage. he takes his time to learn and adapt it seems to a new level. hopefully his adaptation at the next level will continue to rapidly move forward. i know there will likely be some growing pains at MAN as he adapts to the skill, speed and size at the AHL level.

when he appears will revolve around next season. does he return to UND for his senior season. if he doesn't i think we see him in LA for a test run during the 2014-15 season. if he doesn't take a step back and continues to improve at his current rate, i don't this is a stretch for him. if he returns to UND, then yes i agree with 2015-16.

still waiting for my fellow Congdon Park and Duluth East kid to make the big club....
Have you seen his kid brother David play? He is looking very good in Duluth East.

I think we are seeing pretty much the same thing with DF.