View Single Post
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
OK, in the past 3 seasons, Boyle has 6 more points than Halpern.

Boyle now is a completely different player than 2009-10. I don't find it all that relevant. But if you insist, the math is simple. 0 + 6.

I don't think it's fair to ignore Boyle's best months while embracing his worst. That is often a technique used by people who have their minds made up and have no interest in a balanced discussion.

And I'm sure you know that in his famous 2007-08 season, Halpern scored 43% of his points in 17 game span from February 27 - April 2, right?
I'm not looking to ignore those two months. But I think it has become clear that those two months were atypical for this hockey player and based his number of scoring chances he will not likely get anywhere that production again. He is not a 21 goal a season guy. And we never discuss his assist totals which for the ice time he's been getting are not good.

At the end of the day it is silly to argue about his offensive prowess or lack thereof. His role is defense and I'm ok with him being our 4th line center. I object to him being called a shut down player because he's not on that level and now that our forward roster has improved he (if he gets back in) is slotted properly which has always been my beef.

I like Brian and hope he improves. My argument has always been with Torts and how he uses him.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote