View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:21 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
You got me there

I guess my point is that I feel like this team has enough offense when healthy (which seems to be extremely difficult), I'm not a fan of drafting MacKinnon or Drouin or Barkov if we don't need them. We've got Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly (hopefully), Parenteau, McGinn, Downie, I think that's a sufficient top 6 if they would just be given freedom from Sacco to get a little creative and not be forced to dump and chase all the time.

The proposal I made, you made excellent points about Phaneuf, and my mind-set is that I would do Stastny + top 5 pick for two top four defenseman and a forward with some skill. So instead of Toronto, say something like Kulikov, Gudbranson and Matthias from Florida, or McDonagh, Del Zotto and Hagelin/Kreider from the Rangers, etc, something along those lines
You might want to recheck. We were last in GF before last game and I don't think we moved up far. We absolutely lack top end skill. Stazz desperately needs a change and we don't know if firing Sacco would be enough. Lando's offense is still a question mark. PAP is nice but not first line caliber offense. The only guy who looks to have top tier offensive capability is Matt Duchene and even he has big question marks. We desperately need skill up front. The need on the backend might be more pressing but you are kidding yourself if you believe that we are "fine" at forward.

And stop trading our pick. That would be a franchise killing move!
And those proposals would be an absolute no from FLA or NYR unless we ship out a Top 3 pick and even than they would probably decline (atleast NYR would , Fla would maybe take it).
And trading a Top 3 pick is never a good move

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote