View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I personally feel that a Schenn-lite player could have been signed in free agency or traded for and we would not have felt the difference as much as we are missing a healthy JVR's game right now. I do recognize this isn't JVR's first streak however, so this line of thinking may bite me in the ass, but I'll just have to see.
Who says he would've played as well if he was still with us? I don't know, it doesn't leave a sour taste in my mouth seeing him do well, because we've seen what he did here, and based on what he did do here he was seen as a trad. Sure, he could've been given more time, and I guess in hindsight when you look at how bad our forward depth is we probably should've kept him, but what's done is done. But I guess I agree with you that we're missing his healthy game. Even if he is streaky, at least he'd have one of those streaks sometime around now. It might spark the other players, too. But oh well, I'm still happy with the trade, because Schenn looks good out there, and you can't wait forever with players.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote