Old
02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Sure, but you need to look at the roles the coach is trying to fill. If you look at how these d-men are used, Larsen is used much more like Goligoski than Robidas.

Whatever you think of him, Robidas plays a ton of shorthanded minutes. Larsen essentially has played next to no shorthanded time last season or this season, and this team already has Goligoski and Oleksiak playing very little PK.

If they take Robidas out of the lineup, his PK minutes have to go somewhere, and the coaches prefer to use set pairs on the PK. Of Larsen, Goligoski, and Oleksiak, who becomes the full time PK d-man to take Robidas's spot?
  • Oleksiak - I love the kid's potential, but I don't know that I want him to be asked to do too much at this stage. Maybe he could handle it. He's certainly the best equipped of the three.
  • Goligoski - No way. No.
  • Larsen - Do you really think Larsen is ready or able to be a full time PK player? I don't think he is, and that's probably the biggest reason why he can't displace Robidas from the starting lineup.
thinking about oleksiak on the pk scares me a bit.. he's had a few deer in the headlights moments behind his own net.