View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:53 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The other lines didn't help, but players like Boyle, Fedotenko and (as much as I love him) Prust, getting major minutes was a bi reason this team looked so devoid of talent.

Also, can you explain the "selfish" comment? Who am I being selfish to? I'm sorry that I watch hockey to be entertained and want something better than a team that spends their entire time in their own zone blocking shots. If that's selfish, I apologize. But first I want to know who I'm being selfish to.
Of course, because that line should not be a 3rd line. It should be a 4th line. But Dubinsky was out. Stepan was hobbling around on one leg. Kreider was a rookie. Gaborik was playing with one arm. Boyle was playing with a concussion. And that is just what we know about!

The team was banged up. There were extenuating circumstances to Boyle, Prust and Fedotenko getting more minutes, quite a few players were not healthy.

He is a good bottom-6 forward. IMO, he should be a wing. His role should be exactly what Pyatt is doing. Retrieve pucks, control the boards, help with face-offs, hit, and block shots.

He is a good defensive player. He uses his reach well and is always "in the way" as Torts puts it.

I get the frustration from last year. The team lacked offense and the offense that was around was either hurt, or too young so they had to lean on their soldiers too much.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote