View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 01:54 PM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Agreed, you make some good points there. If a player is a good player, and doesn't have a local option to play Major Midget, it makes sense. I know in Moncton that was the case for probably a couple of kids this year.

What about Bantam age players? We had a couple leave last year and the year before from Moncton, and Fredericton and Saint John had a few elect to go with something other than Bantam AAA. From what I have seen, they aren't any further ahead than the kids that stayed in Bantam. I guess if you have a spare $40000 laying around you might do it, I kind of wonder if it isn't more about status than hockey.
sometimes you can't protect the hockey dad from living his dream through his kids eyes i guess
the perception i think is that you have to go away to be good at hockey....you know, the feel good story!!! i left home at 15 to play hockey. yada, yada yada.
i think if your good...your good!!! it doesnt matter where you are, or where you have been. Scouts will find you. The stephens brothers that played for the wildcats are proof, and there are many others!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote