View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Same as me with the ground floor. People that came in after Bossy got here will never understand the first 3 years. The first year was the worst team I've ever seen and they only had 2 real skaters in Harris and Westfall. The game you went to Harris got 2 goals and missed a penalty shot. Without Harris and Eddie they would've been lucky to win three games. The turnaround by year 3 was amazing.

I feel the same way about 74-75, that was my favorite team, more than the Cup winners because it came out of nowhere and we were there to witness it.

If you have a chance, MSG vault had a hour long show on the 74-75 playoffs with Chico, JP, Gillies and Denis. A lot of footage from game 5 vs Pitt and about a minute from Game 7.

Thanks for the updates in the prospect threads. If you haven't read it yet get a copy of Dynasty an oral history of the Islanders from 72-84 by Greg Prato. Hopefully they'll turn it around soon so the younger guys can experience what we did in 74-75.
I do remember Harris missed penalty shot. I have seen the Vault show. Howie Rose mentions from time to time they should honor that 74-75 team.

I do have the Prato book.

I listen to a lot of junior games on the internet so I try to update often. thanks.

Degeneration Rex is offline   Reply With Quote