View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
SidsBackhand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
I don't see any way picks/prospects are getting us a top line guy. This is going to be a crazy trade deadline with so many teams feeling they have a chance at the playoffs.

The offers are going to be high and risky. If we are going after a top tier fwd Nisky is most likely going the other way.

Touche, I agree with you. There are way more scouts at games already than there were last year. It's going to be a bidding battle...

An exception possibly would be a team needs to rebuild the farm. The Penguins have an abundance of prospects for those teams, seeds waiting to grow into great players. But this would only work if the other party is truly a sinking ship.

The problem with this theory is the whole Blue Jackets situation. They're the poster child for a team needing to melt down it's parts and start anew. Well, the CBJ game last night (as I'm sure you're aware) was filled with over 15 different team scouts including a Pens scout.

This year is going to be tough to acquire a wing, but the top two lines DESPERATELY need a quality one.

If I were Ray, I would probably move Niskanen (and soon). Tough choice, but if they don't...I'm afraid it's going to be another early round exit for the Pens...

Come on Ray.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote