View Single Post
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
16 To Stanley*
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Playing a close game where it's back and forth, good offense, good defense, good goaltending is the good kind of nervewrecking. Playing a close game where you live in your own zone and the only thing you can do is block a ****ing shot and have Henrik make saves and you're nervous because the other team is constantly shooting at your goalie is a bad kind of nervewrecking. Also, sue me if I want to win in blowout fashion once in a while. What cup teams don't? The closest I can think of surprisingly is the Ducks in 07 until the finals (even the finals games were mostly close). For the most part cup teams are good enough to blow out other good teams. Finally, do you really think teams being pinned in their own zone and blocking shots is GOOD defense? Really what cup champions have done that? That's not good defense, that's good shot blocking. The point is to GTFO of your own zone.
Shot Blocking is a newer trend in the NHL. If the Rangers shot block there way to the cup, you won't see me complaining.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote