View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Well I don't know if I'd go that far. I'm probably more on KIRK's side when it comes to the coach himself, but I do think the propoganda permeates itself through the entire fan base, this board included.

As for the importance of the coach, I would say that even if you don't think it matters as much as others that's still the first bold move made to try and change a team's culture. In other words whether someone feels Bylsma is a dolt or Scotty Bowman 2.0, the fact is he'll be fired if the brass feel like the team needs to go in a different general direction. I don't like Bylsma, but even if I did I'd say this should be the year a change is made IF they get bounced in the first round, in the first 2 rounds by a team they should beat, and/or the special teams are as abysmal (not bad, abysmal) as they've been in the postseason lately. It actually has little to do with my opinion of him though as hard as that might be to believe. It's just the ebb and flow of a franchise to me.
I wasn't even referring to the coaching argument, just the fact that you don't fall into the whole "Pens can't do wrong" trap in believing how much better we are than everyone else.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote