View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Why would we assume that he wouldn't? He had been a very good, productive player every time he was on the ice and healthy here, since a little before the 2010-2011 play-offs. He hadn't been healthy that much last year, but it's not like he hadn't shown the ability to be an excellent player while he was here with us and this is coming out of nowhere with him. As I said earlier, he can be streaky, so I fully acknowledge the chance that this line of thinking looks a little foolish later in the season....I just don't think it will.
Well, I don't know, I think the safest assumption you can go with is one based on history and the historical trends. He's playing in a different environment, with different teammates, with maybe a different role, and with a different motivation after getting traded. These are all factors that could've influenced his production to shoot up. It's also possible he'd be doing even better if he was here, but, again, based on what he has shown in the Flyers uniform, I'm not sure he'd be as good as he is there right now. My point, however, was more that you can't look at traded players and how they're doing on their new teams, and then automatically apply those numbers as missing from the Flyers' ones.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote