View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 01:47 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yeah I think we dont need to worry about drafting a goalie until the 4th & 5th rounds. A lot of solid goaltenders were selected after the 2nd round so there's still value you. Heck Ryan Miller was selected in the 5th round using a pick we traded to them. But we definitely could use another guy in the pipeline based on how Brittain has done this yr.

Why is that perplexing though? Evaluating a prospect based on size is very common and if a kid has trouble putting on weight, it may not be any easier even as he gets older. We were also talking about power forward type prospects and if a kid doesnt have the weight to go with the height, they usually dont end up playing a typical power forward type game. We'll know a lot more if he's invited to the scouting combine to run thru the tests (particularly some of the strength ones). But if a kid who's 6'2" and only 165 lbs doesnt concern you, that to me is odd. I mean I'd be fine with him if he was like 180 lbs and that height but to be so slight of frame right now would scare a lot of GMs too if they try to play a power game instead of a finesse game.

I have never seen the player, don't know his bloodlines, don't know his body type and don't know how he plays. So his weight doesn't really concern me. Conjecture here is useless without some understanding of the above.

Power game is a misleading idea. If he plays with grit, and projects to bulk up and be great at projecting the puck with his frame, then that is great. Power game doesn't mena just punishing hits.

Of course, having never seen him, i am in no way able to judge based on weight stats what he projects as in the future. So it's an irrelevant discussion for me.