View Single Post
02-12-2013, 02:49 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I just want them to go with someone permanent who has a proven track record of some sort of success. Not try to catch lightning in a bottle like the Avs tend to do. Granato was totally green. Sacco didn't have a good record in Erie, and neither did Quinn. Now maybe that wasn't their fault, but that's not how you find the guy that will mold your team into a winner. It's time for someone with credentials for a change.

I just hope Pegula gets tired of losing in Buffalo, and goes against what he's said in the past to let go of Ruff. Buffalo is 1-6-1 in their last eight games. Pressure has to be pretty high right now to do something after last season. Then the Avs can break away from this pattern of internal coaches for once I hope.

There's got to be some kind of connection for Ruff and the Avalanche? Somebody's nephew, or ex lover's former roomate of Eric Lacroix or something? I know we can find some sort of connection.
I agree with you. All I'm saying is, you do what the Habs did last year with Cunneyworth. He came in, replaced Jacques Martin (so they could get rid of him) and stayed the coach the rest of the season. You're essentially only doing it so that the players play for someone ELSE not because you think the interim guy is the real deal.

As for the Lindy Ruff connection, Peter McNab played for the Buffalo Sabres in 1975-76 a mere 4 years before Ruff would make his debut with that team!!

Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That would be too late because then they'll just say Quinn didn't have enough time and he deserves a full season or two. Sacco needs to go ASAP and then they can watch Quinn fail miserably for the rest of the season. Maybe then they'll bring in someone new.
Not if you stick the tag 'interim' on him. This isn't the Granato situation. I'm STILL expecting Patrick Roy to become the head coach of this team before it's all said and done.

Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Not sure what to say at this point. Sacco has yet to have a great (or even good) roster of players to coach. And even going into the season, this was arguably the worst roster he's gotten yet. And now with injuries mounting by the seconds...

I dunno. I keep going back and forth on this, but I just don't see at this point how one can fire the coach and leave management completely unscathed. I'm lukewarm on Sacco, but I've definitely soured on management this year.
I guess it depends on your perspective. If you look at OUR roster and you compare it to oh, I dunno, let's say the New Jersey Devils and you go through their team, one by one, player by player. You'll quickly notice that yeah, they have a few high end guys but nothing really insanely exceptional except...uh..oh yeah....THEY HAVE A ****ING REAL GOOD COACH!!!

It's NOT a coincidence that 2 years ago, they were in the same boat we were, with a top 5 pick, and since that time, have hired someone who knows what the **** they are doing and are now performing exceeding all expectations.

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
His adjustments need to start with getting Duchy off the point and on the half boards on the right side where he can walk it in and snipe some goals.
It hasn't worked yet and 10 games from now, it probably STILL won't work. (oh and it didn't work last year, EITHER) Sucko will probably need another 10-15 games to figure it out....again.