Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 02:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I didn't watch the press conference but it does seem like they intend to give Irving a good long look to see what he can do. MacDonald seems to have been brought in to provide some veteran backup experience, and should Irving falter, be able to step in a with greater ease than Taylor could have.

I think there's a good chance Kipper's out for even longer than the two weeks estimated. MCL sprains are tricky and Kipper's condition was upgraded to a second grade, which Backlund also suffered and he's scheduled to miss 4-6 weeks. Irving can't play every game while Kipper's out; he's barely played at all in the last year (huh I wonder why) and over playing him now could be disastrous. There's a back-to-back at the end of this week and I could see MacDonald starting that.

And personally, I don't buy Feaster's claim that MacDonald was always a target. The lawyer-speak is strong with that one.
Yea it sounds like it was worse then originally thought, but with the way Irving has played I have no problem letting him be the starter. We are starting to see that Irving is an nhl goalie, each game he gets better as he gets more comfortable. Next year could be a great year with Ramo/Irving tandem. Lots of competition.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote