View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
I mostly agree with what kingsfan said above, but would add that I think Kolomatis has pretty much peaked in terms of development and I'd rather see what the Kings have in him at this point and if he can hang at the NHL level. Deslauriers has a higher ceiling, and while it's no secret around here I'm not his biggest fan, my reason for him staying in Manchester is this: I think he still needs to grow and learn at the AHL level before he gets a callup. Worried that a callup and a disasterous play in a game would ruin any confidence he's gained so far this year.

I'd much rather see Deslauriers brought along like Voinov and have a top level veteran to help ease him into the lineup like Voinov got with Mitchell. That just isn't an option right now with the Kings d-core.
That's a great point TM, who do you pair Deslaurier with if you call him up.

At least Kolomatis has more professional experience under his belt and likely more familiarity with guys like Voynov and Muzzin and A-Mart than Deslaurier does (even Drewiske for that matter). He has more expereince with the bulk of the Kings current blueline than Deslaurier does.

Throwing Deslaurier out there with anyone other than Scuds is a disaster waiting to happen, and if you put him with Scuds, you basically are guaranteeing a Muzzin/DD pairing and that didn't work to well last time.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote