View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
nwpensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I've only been to two non-Pittsburgh arenas so far and they were both dumps with phenomenal atmosphere. Staples & Honda will likely come next season since I'm trying not to spend any money on the NHL this season outside of GameCenter...but I'm going to try to make it to Jobing.com Arena just in case it's my last chance. I still haven't seen the Penguins play outside of Pittsburgh.

The Saddledome is a dump. Part of it has to do with the fact that we were way up there, right at the same level as the actual ring of fire (which was awesome). The fans were pretty unwelcoming to outsiders, even though we were rooting for the Flames at the game. Once a few of us re-clothed in Flames stuff they warmed up.

Rexall is even dumpier...it has fewer than no thrills and the concourses are just sad...but the fan atmosphere was amazing, and extremely welcoming. The team was awful, but the fans didn't seem to care. The Oilers became my 'western team' because of my experience there (and the fact that a group of Edmonton's best looking wound up buying us beers after the game).
Only been to one outside of Pitts and it was at Jobing in Phoenix. Great arena but really not near much plus I had long drive from Chandler area so could not explore area much. Great place to watch a game.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote