Old
02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
If we bring in a heavyweight, would it not spell the end for White? Is there room on a team for a goon, plus White, plus Prust? At a certain point aren't we making redundancies?

I'm not being rhetorical, I'd like to know what kind of roster shuffling we'd have to do to accomodate the addition of a heavy like Kassian.
I think this is a key that can't be overlooked. We can argue all we want that Armstrong is not playing like somebody who is any clear cut above a plug goon. But does anybody think that Therrien is going to give his blessing to waiving Armstrong? Is White so irreparably lodged in the doghouse that you waive him... and how much of the purpose is served if you waive White anyway?

Trading Kaberle would help, but it's not clear that's going to be possible. A long term injury might come along too. Who knows.

At this time, though, there's just not a real way we can add the goon. There isn't room on the roster. We can speculate on guys to acquire, but have to realize that it can be nothing imminent. And who knows, once we start playing some other teams again and the ignominy of the Leafs game fades somewhat, perhaps it will seem less important again.

Tinordi is coming, the team can be looking at drafting some bigger tougher guys again too, and looking via free agency... I'd look at the size/toughness issue as just one more aspect of the overall building process. The team has to get better. Which in some degree likely includes getting tougher. Adding Prust was one step. There will be more steps taken, however. It doesn't all have to be today. I don't want to see any more Laraque mistakes, or give up assets for a plug player. Do it right, even if there isn't immediate gratification involved.