Thread: Speculation: Jody Shelley back to Columbus?
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
This is sorta rumor/speculation.

A propos of nothing, Aaron Portzline just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...45086833676288

Last time Shelley was traded, I believe it was for Future Considerations. I would expect something similar this time, or maybe Shelley and a pick for a middling player/prospect.
Was for a 6th round pick, which ultimately was traded to Atlanta along with Clay Wilson for Jason Williams, who helped get us into the playoffs.

He's always welcome in the city, but on the team? Can't imagine he'd have a place to play.

Portzline has an obsession with enforcers of the CBJ past, anyways. I mean, for G-d's sake, he still talks constantly about Zenon Konopka as if giving him up was the dumbest move in CBJ history.

Only way this could even begin to make the tinest amount of sense is if it was the followup to trading away Boll. Which I don't exactly expect to happen. Either that or Porty's talking about Jody retiring mid-season and joining the broadcast team.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote