View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 04:02 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I worked at a stock brokerage firm at the time, and 976-1313 was not blocked yet, so I was able to call for free at my desk. It was one of my happiest draft moments ever, along with the Tavares draft pick. As far as Tavares, I actually had some Tavares hockey cards more than a year before we drafted him, hoping we'd somehow wound up with him. Come draft day 2009, I was so nervous Snow would mess up and NOT pick Tavares. I'm so thrilled he did. Though Tavares is a different kind of player than Lafontaine, the same excitement for me exists as when I was a Lafonatine fan. In fact, I was one of the lucky ones to be at Tavares' first NHL against the Penguins. I believe I was at Lafontaine's 3rd game ever I believe. Both became my favorite players immediately.
I was there too. Too bad I was busy taking a piss when he scored his first career goal. I'll never live that down.

LaFontaine was such a joy back then. Tavares is the best thing to happen to this franchise since Patty. Hopefully his talent won't be wasted like LaFontaine was.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote