View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 04:19 PM
GloveSave1
-44-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Cheevers was a passenger on a stacked Bruins team whereas Thomas was the guy who brought the cup, Thomas is head and shoulders above Cheevers. The HOH board also agrees with me on this. Its like saying Grant Fuhr is better than Patrick Roy because Fuhr has five Stanley Cups to Roys four, no doubt they were two good goaltenders but everyone knows who was more responsible for their team winning.

However, if the Bruins didn't retire Thompson or Brimsek's number Thomas has ZERO chance of getting 30 retired nor should Cheevers. Chara is a lock to get his number retired, every captain who won a Cup has their number retired starting with Lionel Hitchman who wasn't a top defender in his era. Chara is one of the best defencemen of his era and is a lock for the HOF.
Good points. They all have zero chance, if we're talking reality. The next will be Chara and then prob Bergeron...No doubt. Cold truth.

...I'm embarassed to say I don't know anything about Cowley. I'll have to look him up. Sucks how some guys slip through the cracks.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote