View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Saponari is a meathead and though I agree he works hard, I have to disagree with you about Roy. Roy doesn't look like he's digging that hard but then you see him conserving his energy when he bursts up his speed and beats the goalie over the shoulder. I don't like either of the kids so its irrelevant to me but he definitely gets alot of ice time and as such, he wasn't coasting. His actually usually in good position regardless. If he doesn't have the puck in the offensive zone and the pucks tied or looking about going the other way, he's already in the neutral zone waiting in good position.

Though I agree with you it looks like he's not putting in the effort, I disagree with you on the basis of it. He gets the lions share of ice time and when he does put on the jet, no DMan in Hockey East can handle him.
On the play I'm referring to, I'm not saying it "looked like he wasn't skating". He wasn't skating. He was making zero effort to back check when the other team was attempting what turned out to be a good scoring chance.

I'm not denying his skills, and like someone said, he's young and can get that together, but bad habits are bad habits.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote