View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Yeah, I know that makes more sense. I was just basing it off the original tweet, which was ambiguous and may have made some think the organization's faith in Irving may have been even lower than it was speculated to be earlier in the season.

It makes plenty of sense if Feaster wanted to trade a contract for a contract, but not take on a contract for nothing, unless he had no choice. If the Wings refused to take on a contract in return, then it makes more sense to wait for the waiver process, than to trade a pick. That was the mistake Feaster made with Leblond, so who knows, maybe he's learning from his previous mistakes.

The Flames are now at 49 contracts I believe, which hampers their ability sign collegiate free agents and more significantly, make big deadline deals, i.e. Iginla for multiple prospects or players and picks.

Also, interesting to see Bob McKenzie get it wrong with this one. His tweets on the Flames, particularly on the goaltending issues, have been superficial at best. A little surprising coming from him.
Not what I was getting at. If Detroit didn't want a contract back, they could of asked for a pick. Feaster also could not of known he was going to be on waivers. Detroit probably wouldn't of told him either..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote