View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 06:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Um, I believe it was the exact opposite.
I think I worded that poorly. What I was getting at is as fans around here kept saying he wants Semin, we never really got Pavel's position.

Datsyuk has wanted a Russian for a while, with jokes and other comments. But I find it interesting that we never heard a report of him going to bat for Semin. He was out there for a long time, you don't think Kenny picks up the phone if Datsyuk calls?

He says nice things about him at the World Championships, but did Datsyuk go to bat for an 82 game season and maybe additional years? After all this feeling that Semin wanted to be with at least one Russian, why did he end up in Carolina? There are a lot of questions here and it seems the market was pretty cool for a reason and all these big Russian players didn't seem all that interested in really getting in his corner.

For the record I was okay with giving him a three year deal in the 15-18 million region. I am not against it, much of the Semin hate is largely unfounded when I watch him play. But having watched his free agency play out, I thought it might go different from a Russian help point of view. Those guys several of them with clout on their teams didn't seem to fully endorse the idea, at least not like I thought they would.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote