View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
No one has confirmed this yet so I guess it's still a rumour but apparently Dana said Cain/Bigfoot and JDS/Overeem will take place at UFC 160 in May. According to people on twitter, he announced those fights at some press conference he had in Ireland.
I've seen this rumored as well, and while I am certainly not questioning you here, I find it hard to believe he actually mentioned this at a presser and it's yet to be confirmed.

Quote:
Bigfoot just had an impressive win but he also just recently got destroyed by Cain. I don't think he should be fighting for the title next but there really isn't anyone else available. I was a lot more excited for JDS/Overeem before their last fights but I can't complain about that match up. I like Overeem but he really needs to get his **** together before this fight otherwise he's getting knocked out in the first round. He might get knocked out in the first round regardless but if he comes out like he did against Bigfoot, it won't be pretty.
I agree with you that Bigfoot doesn't deserve another shot at the title (yet). But once Barnett wasn't signed, the only realistic option was waiting for the Werdum-Nog fight, and then having Cain fight the winner at the end of the year. So while Bigfoot probably isn't fully deserving, it essentially gives us a free Cain fight which is good at least.

Last edited by BGDDYKWL: 02-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.