Thread: Jarome Iginla
View Single Post
02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
We are currently seeing him try to re-event himself, he cannot play as physical as he did in his younger years, he isn't as fast and can't blow by and can't not knock over the opposition. Because of this he is now trying to play smart, make quicker passes and get in more effective shooting positions instead of simply taking it to the net. I don't think it is a problem but I would like to see him play with another shooter like Cammy as many people still believe he is that power forward and it would give Cammy a lot of free space.

I am probably one of the biggest Iginla defenders and I think it is that I simply don't expect what I did 5-10 years ago, you can see his game is changing and I respect him for trying to find a way to stay effective as he has recognized that he isn't able to play the same way anymore.
I agree. Iginla's best game IMO was when we had the Cammalleri-Tanguay-Iginla line formed. Its a shame Cammalleri got a little injury because it seemed like both of them were about to get going. Apparently he's good to go tommorow so i'd like to see them playing together again. Looking at these stats from each season and seeing his point totals when he finishes makes me believe that he will break out in the next few games and we shouldn't be too concerned.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote