02-12-2013, 06:30 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
Pittsburgh will select RW, Steve Larmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
It was him or Cecil Dillon for me, Dillon having the better accolade resume I went with the former. Nice pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Nice choice. He was a favorite of mine growing up in Chicago. Your second line is looking like it will be a real threat to score...

Schriner - Morris - Larmer
I'm not even a Chicago fan but I'm a Larmer fan. Real class act and just a great hockey player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Larmer is a very good choice to finish off that line. He's not the most talented player available here, but I think you made the right move. Schriner/Morris bring a lot of scoring ability, but they desperately need the other things that Larmer brings.
Right, Larmer is one of those guys who just does everything well but not much outstanding (besides his durability) which is why he was under the radar somewhat for a guy who scored 1000 points in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I like Larmer a lot as a defensive conscience for a scoring line who isn't going to drag down the line offensively. As a physical presence, he's not going to scare anyone though, which may or may not be a problem. The Denis Savard - Steve Larmer line usually had a brute of some sort on LW, right?
He wouldn't put the fear of God into anyone, but Larmer wouldn't back down from anyone either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
That was the concern honestly, but he's still a hardworking type who will do the dirtywork for a line. He might struggle with fearsome defensive pairs, but Larmer will still take the abuse even if he's overmatched physically.

He played one a line with Goulet on the left side too who wasn't that brute mold.
Larmer is a real worker for sure and I mean 884 straight games has to tell anyone that he has some serious tolerance for absorbing the bumps and bruises along the way.

He can play on my team any day.