View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKing View Post
Despite some early struggles, I think the D (if healthy) looks fantastic, especially with the reemergence of staal and the solid play from Stralman. However, the three headed eminger-Bickel-Gilroy monster is just ugly!

Who will be our number 6?!

My thoughts on some realistic and affordable options. These trades would have us sending 2nd or 3rd round picks and/or prospects.

1. Hainsey: I'm not sure if we can afford him, (salary cap) but if we can, he is a smooth skater and can move the puck very well.

2. John Erskine: If the caps keep falling maybe they will be willing to part with him (not sure how he is playing this year but in years past he has been a great physcial presence and makes a solid first pass).

3. Chis Butler: Haven't watched him play this year, but with Buffalo he was a pretty reliabile young d-man.

4. Ryan Whitney: Looks like he wants out of Edmonton. Not sure if we would be able to fit him under the cap, but I think playing for a contender could rejuvenate his play. He has been awful this year; I can see the value he would bring to a 3rd pairing but he may end up in the torts dog-house too.

Would you pay for these guys and what would be your price? Who else is available?

For the record, I hope J.T. Miller sticks, and if he does I think we should absolutely keep Boyle because forward depth will always be extremely important, and Boyle has been consitent in the past and was very reliable in the playoffs.
I watched Hainsey in Winnipeg and he plays RD and could help on the PP.........I would take him for a pick and Eminger