View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I agree with what you are saying some do it for status and some for the hockey but those other options are there and some will always explore them, as far as what is better who knows, Sidney Crosby's , Brad Richards , Vincent Lecavalier and many other high end players all left home at a young age to play hockey would they have been as good if they stayed home ?.This year 4 or 5 of NFLDS top players are away playing hockey and Nathan Noel will likely be a first round pick in the Q draft this year these schools must offer some good programs.
Those players you mention, they would have been found no matter where they played, and yes I think they would have been as good. That's my point, the level of play in Atlantic Canada is good enough to get you to the next level if you are good enough, so why spend the money? All three of those players are excellent to be sure, but they are not necessarily the best players in the NHL right now. Not all the players in the NHL went to prep school.

I've been told no one goes for free.. everyone pays something, some pay more than others but they all pay.

I think ClemQ hit the nail on the head.. more about status and dads living through the kid. If its a bantam player, the kid is 14 years old.. who the heck wants that? Its bad enough for the 16 year olds.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote