View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 07:07 PM
JimEIV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Man, it's tough to get a good read on this Devils team. They have two 40 year old goalies playing like they're 25 and guys like Clarkson playing way over their head. They were 3-1-3 before their current 5 game win streak and not playing all that well from what I saw/read. On this current win streak, they've played teams that are either seriously slumping (NYI, Tampa), or teams missing key players (Girardi, Cally for NYR; Letang for PIT). So the question is, are the New Jersey Devils for real?

I predicted them as a playoff team but not as the best team in the EAST. Do they continue to prove everyone wrong or do they fall off a cliff and miss the playoffs like Minny did last season and like most experts predicted before the season?
I think during that cold streak you have to look at that there was no Adam Henrique, no Adam Larrson and stone cold Kovalchuk.

Henrique has only been in the lineup for 7 games and has 6 points. Kovalchuk has heated up. He went through a 5 game pointless streak and now has 5 points in the last 3 games and a goal tonight. Since Larrson has gotten back into the lineup he has been phenomenal. He's playing nearly 20 minutes a game and being used in critical situations. I don't think any of them are playing there best hockey yet.

Last edited by JimEIV: 02-12-2013 at 07:18 PM.