Thread: Mark Bell
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2006, 06:20 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Might as well chime in with my 2 cents. I like Bell & I like what he brings. He is the kind of player that if you have him playing with better players he will play better. He is not going to make the players playing with him better.

Having said that I would not make a deal if it included Prucha or Dawes. Immonen, yes. Throw in a D. Moore, yes. Sub a Pock for D. Moore or Chicago comes back with a 4th round pick for all 3 and we have a deal. Those clowns throwing around a straight for Havlat or Gomez are far over stating Bell's value.

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice player and as others have said would do well in a structured system like Renney's. The object here is to do a proper analysis of your own prospects and trade to trade the ones who have a higher external value then you hold for them.

We have been down the road of trading a young scorer far too often. I think it is wiser at this point in time to stick with a Prucha and maybe over estimate his potential then it is to make the same old mistake again. The trend must be broken.
Sather is a wise trader. If a player like Bell is available I am sure that he will not over pay. If someone is truly offering a Gomez Chicago would be wise to jump on it.
If that is the price tag, pass and move on. Another player of similar statute will come on the market eventually for nothing but MSG $s.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote