View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
DRWCountryClub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Really hope you weren't one of the people that took issue with Babcock's country mile statement on Zetterberg. Is Datsyuk better? Yes in my opinion, but much better? Not really. They score at similar rates Datsyuk .09 PPGA better in the regular seasn, while Staal scores at a better clip in the playoffs .25 PGGA difference.

For those of you that like to make the argument that Datsyuk's terrible linemates are to blame whenever something isn't happening for him. Staal would have pined for Danny Cleary for most of his career, much less some of the other guys Pavel has played with. In his peak years Staal has never had a Zetterberg or Hossa. This is the first time he actually has some decent talent around him and he is still in the middle/tail end depending on how his form stays of his prime. I think Datsyuk is better, especially in his own zone, but offensively that is a pretty tight contest.

Eric Staal is a very good player in this league still to this day. A cup champion, triple gold member that has accomplished a lot of great things, including leading the entire playoffs in scoring one season. He is lost in the shuffle in Carolina, but this isn't Rick Nash's phantom hype when people talk up Staal he is a dominant presence that shows up an awful lotwith consistent numbers and effort, even with little help.
Huh?

It's no disrespect to Eric Staal, he's a very good player, a lock for 30 goals and 40 assists, but yes, I think Datsyuk is easily a better player, but perhaps I should have been more specific, Datsyuk is a much better playmaker.

The Dan Cleary comment is a little perplexing too. You make it seem like Staal has played with scrubs his entire career. He's played with some pretty good players, and wasn't his main linemate Erik Cole, who back then was a pretty damn good player.

Datsyuk is just on another level than Staal, and always has been. Do you really think Datsyuk could get outscored by Ray Whitney 2 out of 5 years? I don't.

But Staal did.

I also don't recall the country mile comment you're referring too.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote