View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 07:55 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I was curious about that myself. I've heard he has some question marks with his decision making and general hockey IQ. Not sure about that, never seen him play.
Nick's stats to date are:
54gp
9g
24a
33pts

I have to admit that I have only spent a few minutes watching NE play this season so I sent an email off to a friend of mine who covers the Spitfires for a Windsor paper and asked him what he thought about NE's play so far.

He says that allot of his (NE's) detractors never really see how valuable he is to his teams success. He plays in every huge situation and is a key dman for the Spitfires and had to overcome a few key troubles (Injured players and goalie troubles etc) and that the majority of his +/- troubles came during a particularly bad stretch for the entire team.

NE is a really good skater who hits hard and has a HUGE shot. He is years away from pro hockey (18yo) but if he can put it all together he might be a very good player.

He is currently a very big part of the Spitfires, was a rookie of the year winner and has been player of the game a couple of times this season. He has his set backs but he is a very high reward dman when he is on his game.

I respect JP's takes on hockey so while I haven't seen much of NE's game myself (can't watch em all ) I think he looks pretty good so far.

I don't know if any of this helps but there ya go.