View Single Post
Old
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post
Good points. They all have zero chance, if we're talking reality. The next will be Chara and then prob Bergeron...No doubt. Cold truth.

...I'm embarassed to say I don't know anything about Cowley. I'll have to look him up. Sucks how some guys slip through the cracks.
Cowley is the most criminally underrated player in NHL history and a victim of being in the right place at the wrong time. Cowley was a league leader during the war era, when players joined the military (Bruins lost Brimsek, Schmidt, Dumart and Bauer to the war effort) and the competition was lower.

However, Cowley was a star in his own right and prior to the war era won a Hart Trophy, two first team all stars and lead the league in scoring once. However, his two first team and one second team all star selections during the war era are largely ignored because of the weak competition. Cowley would’ve been a top player in the league without the war; would he have done the same thing? Who knows, but 6 all star team selections at centre is impressive in any era.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote