Thread: Mognily Idea
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
If the Devils are looking to make this kind of deal - they'll make the deal with SOMEONE. Why shouldn't the Rangers be the team that benefits?
Well THAT'S a bloody practical answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
Lou calls Glen
Lou: Glen, boy am I in a bind. I need someone to take Mogilny's contract off my hands. I'm desperate. I'll offer you our second next year to take him.
Glen: Hahahaha. BITE ME. Nyah, nyah, you're screwed cap-wise. Oh, where is the mighty super GM, now?
Lou slams down the receiver
Glen: Heh, heh, the folks on the HF boards'll love that one. Let me sign on under my pseudonym Son of Steinbrenner and tell 'em.
Glen is interrupted in the middle of typing his post by the phone ringing again
Lou: Hey Glen, you jerk. I just called St. Louis. After some dickering, they talked me up to a first and we agreed. Now I'm not screwed cap-wise anymore - and you missed out at a chance for my #1 next year. Nyah, nyah yourself.
Glen swallows his cigar.
The sad part is that I don't see Lou even bothering to gloat by phone. I expect he'd light up a cigar of his own, put his feet on his desk, drink a scotch, and imagine Sather's apoplexy when he, Sather, reads the story in next day's Larry Brooks column.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote